So this week is FUCKIN CRAZY!!! Last night was my 21st birthday, hence the previous post! Lately Hunter S. Thompson is really inspiring me! But anyway so last night Pseudo Slang, Modill, and Slo Kid&Toby Beatbox did a show at the Nestor. Dope fucken music! I had not heard of Pseudo Slang or Modill before this show so it was a pleasant surprise when they graced the mic. Modill’s old school style was nice to hear, he almost reminded me of early 90’s hip hop meets modern Del the Funky Homosapien but in his own unique and style. Lyrically and flow-wise he was flawless and he even brought some humor between songs. I liked the way he was promoting to the people that where there by offering some free tracks via an email mailing list. He browsed the light crowd with a clipboard and a pen to get email addresses and chat with everyone. As his last track ended Pseudo Slang transitioned in and killed it. Sick had great energy had a message, and he made his messages known! Pseudo Slang really is hip hop for the thinking man. Afterward two of my favorite local performers Slo Kid and Toby Beatbox got up on the stage and beat the fuckin box! These guys have been beatboxing for some time now but only have been doing shows together for less than a year. Every time I have the pleasure of seeing these two perform together not only do I see improvements, but am just in awe at the level of skill they both have and how well they work together and off of each other. You can see the intensity and the focus in their eyes, and when their eyes meet you see how in tune with each other their performance is. Their beats come alive as this focus and connection allows perfect mashing of their two styles and two sections of the beat. And of course the harmonica…oh that fucking harmonica!!! If I could rap I would love to do an entire cd over their harmonica beatboxing! Impressive every time! The guys of Pseudo Slang and Modill needed a place to crash after it was all said and done, so of course I showed them some northern hospitality and offered my apartment, it’s not much but I’m sure it’s better than sleeping in a car in 0 degree weather. I’m always glad to support underground hip hop, if they are willing to drive 6 hours to play in Fargo ND then I’m definitely going to support their show. Overall great music, great night! Then tonight on my radio show PM TO AM HIP HOP BPM’S on KNDS 96.3fm or kndsradio.com at 11pm to midnite I have my homie Kipp Gabriel and Rhymesayers very own Toki Wright! Toki is on tour and coming through on a stop in Fargo on Friday so I asked if he would like to do my show to help promote. So definitely tune in and check out the show tomorow night at the Aquarium downtown at 9pm-ish. Then Saturday night Trick! An electronic dance party also at the Aquarium with all female DJs including KNDS’s Trish and Dish from omg:su! and Kittybump from Minneapolis. This is not only an electronic dance party…but also a lingerie party!! Double win!! Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment